i put the bird feeders up.
after much deliberation, i concluded the chickens aren't really congregating next to the back of the house (which is where the hooks are for hanging plants in summer, bird feeders in winter). there was some concern that the chicken could pick up all manner of wild bird illnesses, but i figure there is enough space for everyone to coexist.
plus, i missed watching the chickadees while i drank morning coffee.
did you know a balloon can balance on the air coming up a forced air vent? me neither. until this winter.
i want to join the Christmas Bird Count. I applied, but have yet to hear back. it's organized by Audubon, and limited to 15 mile circle groups. We'll see.
Good Morning Uncle! (my most loyal reader) I hope you are feeling even better this morning!
Plans for today: finish Christmas decorating (only thing left to do is hang stockings) plus start to clear out the office catchall (oy what a mess!) ebay here we come!
off to make breakfast.........
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you to get the feeders up, I'm sure the local flyers will be grateful! I used to put up feeders only in the winter but now I like to put up summer and winter. Hummingbird feeders have been my recent obsession, beautiful birds, and the feeders are cheap too, check out http://www.birdfeeders.com/store/hummingbird-feeders/122tf for some great deals. And keep trying with the Christmas Bird Count, it's worth it!
Post a Comment